Wednesday 2 May 2012

Wuthering Wanderings

  • "They DO live more in earnest, more in themselves, and less in surface, change, and frivolous external things. I could fancy a love for life here almost possible; and I was a fixed unbeliever in any love of a year's standing."
The next painting in my Wuthering Heights series. I love remote moorland and although in reality there is little left of Top Withens I am using old stock photos as source for my inspiration. These painting are for a forthcoming exhibition at Harrison Lord Gallery, Pennines, Pathways and Peaks.

To create the effects of moorland grasses I am using texture paste and building up the background with layers of diluted paint which I let run at will to 'just see what happens'.

Now, I have started to use some thicker paint to add depth and detail...have to be very careful at this stage not to lose some of the accidental, serendipity effects. I am enjoying my wanderings around Haworth Moor.

No comments:

Post a Comment